Pre analytical Phase SIG: Group Aims
The intial aims of the group are to:
- Survey current practices in the collection of key performance indicators in the Pre-Analytical Phase and publish results
- Produce a guidance document on best practice for the collection of key performance indicators in the preanalytical phase
- Survey current practices in how data key performance indicators are acted on.
- Survey patients to look at how well informed they are about tests and preparation for tests
Terms of Reference
- To promote the importance of the quality of the preanalytical phase of laboratory medicine
- To define the best practices and provide recommendations for some critical activities in the preanalytical phase
- To design and validate questionnaires for assessing the current practices related to some pre-analytical variables
- To conduct surveys using validated questionnaires with the aim to assess the current pre-analytical practices.
- Organize symposia, workshops, webinars or training courses on preanalytical phase issues.
- To produce published guidance on best practices in the preanalytical phase
- To support the wider work of the EFLM working group where possible
(This page is maintained by the Pre analytical Phase Special Interest Group)