What we say
To ensure laboratory medicine serves patients effectively through the development and sharing of knowledge, expertise, innovation and best practice.
Aims of the Association
- To strive to be the pre-eminent clinical organisation for laboratory medicine in the UK.
- To ensure we meet the educational and professional needs of our membership.
- To promote patient-focused best practice in laboratory medicine through encouraging research and innovation as well as the implementation of existing evidence-based practice.
- To further develop local, national and international relationships with other professional, healthcare, science and government organisations in order to facilitate improvements to the service we provide for patients.
- To promote the importance of laboratory medicine to the wider community.
- To sustain a financially healthy organisation, ensuring efficient use of resources.
The ACB Mission Statement and Strategy can be downloaded at the below link:
Download The Association for Clinical Biochemsitry and Laboratory Medicine Strategic Plan
As a result of the Executive
Strategy a number of actions were agreed in order to take the association forward. The list can be downloaded below will be updated after each Executive meeting to show what actions have been taken and their results.
Download Strategic Objectives and Aims (updated December 2016)